Wednesday, November 19, 2008

More Ventage - this time about my house






Allright...I knew they were going to be replacing some water lines on our street over the next month, and I knew they would "leave one side of the street open while working on the opposite side of the street;" but I didn't know they were going to completely block me from getting into my house. Help Me Henry....I came home, from work today, to ANOTHER sick child; and I couldn't even get into my own house. These pictures were taken from my front door, and yes that is a man's head poking out of the street in front of the entry to my driveway...think that hole is a little deep? Good night nurse! Talk about IRRITATED....this usually calm, go with the flow, even tempered mama became her old fiery red headed tempered self once again. Don't misunderstand....I wasn't hateful or didn't throw a fit or anything like that, but I did immediately think to myself...Who can I call to complain about this? I came in and e-mailed NPayne to ask him, and he kindly reminded me that they did send a letter out that said our street would be torn up, and they would leave one side available. That really didn't appease me at all, because all I keep thinking about is having to park clear at the other end of the street and then walk with baby and backpack in tow with 4 other children and all their school stuff staggering behind me all the while limping with my gimp foot. I bet then the construction workers will know why I didn't return their (I'm so sorry we have completely destroyed your driveway, the entire front of your house and have left you nowhere to park) wave that they gave me when I came home from work to ANOTHER sick child. I am curious as to if they would have knocked on my door, if a car had been parked in our driveway, to courteously let me know that they were about to demolish our driveway to the extent that there would be no possible way for a car to get in or out? I am also curious as to how the trashmen are going to pick up our trash tomorrow or even get their truck down the street for that matter. I am also curious as to why they started the construction last Friday, and left the cones in front of our house, but didn't have anyone working on the street until today (the following Wednesday) when we were awakened bright and early by that ever so annoying...beep beep beep beep that tractors and other large vehicles do when backing up. WORK WITH ME HERE....We are sick and tired (literally) in this house. Basically I'm irritated, and even moreso that this will still be the case next week when we have our family over for Thanksgiving. I wonder how I will get my mom, in her wheelchair, in the house? I guess whoever plans these types of projects doesn't consider all those factors, and why should they? It's not their gimp foot, or 5 kids staggering down the block to get home, or their mom in a wheelchair. I think it's inconsiderate, and although they are improving our waterlines; I do think they should let you know exactly what day, time and for how long your house will be unavailable for exit or entry...not just the street but your exact homestead. I will tell you....if it rains anytime soon, whilst the hiking to and from the car is going on, there will be a tantrum involved; and it will not be pretty! However...I am trying to look on the brightside here, because that is how I try to handle irritating, stressful, annoying situations...Cal will think this is the coolest thing ever....a tractor right outside our house....he will literally NEVER leave the window or front porch.

1 comment:

Claremont First Ward said...

How frustrating. All of that on top of sick kids sounds like a recipe for madness!

As for linking back........I'm so don't care about that......I'm just glad I was able to see/read what you have today, and use as many pictures as you want! :)