Monday, November 10, 2008

Just Like Their Daddy (but with a little more bling)!




NPayne's favorite shoes are Chucks, Cons, Converse...you know the tennis shoes that come in a variety of colors, low-top or high-top, worn by females and males. He use to have a plithera of colors, and he use to mix it up when he wore them....blue on the left foot, black on the right foot, etc. When I met NPayne, he was a mere 19 years old and very hippiefied. The only shoes he owned were cons, and he wore them everywhere with everything. Today, under our bed he still has a pair of red high-tops, black low-tops and blue low-tops. I may be forgetting a pair in there somewhere. I bought Drew some pink low-tops last spring, and she loved them. Then Addi wanted some...she got black low-tops, then B...she ended up with the pink ones (that were Drew's when they wouldn't go on Drew's feet any longer) and Drew ended up with some white low-tops. Then came Elli....she got some light aqua high-tops, and they are take my breath away cute. A few weeks ago, Addi asked if she could add a little bling to Drew's shoes (while Drew was camping) and surprise her when she got home. I said...why not? So off we went to the craft store to get the jewels and glue. Addi and B worked that evening on decorating their own cons, as well as Drew's cons and Elli's cons, and I must say the results were fantastic. Their shoes are all so cute and unique. The following weekend, when I was on the retreat, there was a street fair going on; and I saw a vendor selling cons decorated just like my girls had decorated theirs. Of course the vendor was selling hers for 3 times as much as we paid for our beloved cons. Since then, we have had several people tell them how cute their shoes were....one of my good friends commented on Elli's today; so I thought I would post a picture of Elli's and Drew's. This was really fun for the girls, and they created something really unique; and I know their daddy is happy to see them sportin' some cons...bling and all!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

that is a cool idea! I bet the girls would LOVE that

Elyse said...

What an idea! Guess daddy and mommy's taste is rubbing off on the kiddos!!!
~Elyse~