Monday, November 10, 2008

NOT ME MONDAY

1. I did not get completely giddy at the fact that I filled up my suburban, with gas, for $55....yes $55; but I am not one bit excited about that. And I do not continue to drive by all the gas stations, in my area, comparing prices; so I'll know where to go for the "cheapest" gas next time I fill up.
2. I did not feed my girls popcorn for lunch...I wouldn't do that.
3. I did not go to my son's school and talk to his class, about his autism, and leave there wishing I had more time to spend with those curious and sweet children.
4. I am not one bit excited about having dinner with some girlfriends tonight....Not one bit excited.
5. I am not limping around, like an injured athlete, because I have some strange injury which has occured; and I am not hoping it goes away all on its own.
6. I am not one tiny bit excited about Thanksgiving.
7. I am not dreading and looking forward to starting my "new" tutoring job tomorrow....not me!
8. I am not already completely overwhelmed with the Christmas holiday which is right around the corner.
9. I did not enjoy a nice date night with NPayne on Friday night, and I DID not sleep until 9:30 on Sat. morning; since our children were spending the night with his sweet mama.
10. I am not thrilled to have cleaned out the dress up closet and gotten all the dress up accessories, shoes and clothes organized. NOT ONE BIT! And the girls....they're not one bit excited that now they can find their dress up clothes when they want to play dress up. And they really enjoyed cleaning it out (wink...that's their NOT ME MONDAY).
That's it for this Monday....stay tuned next week!
To go to MckMama's blog, the originator of Not Me Monday; click on the link on the right side of my blog

7 comments:

He & Me + 3 said...

I called my husband I was so giddy about filling up my van for less than 40.00. great list!

Lorie said...

Isn't it funny, how things like cheaper gas can just make your day?

Elyse said...

I did not jump for joy that I filled my truck up for less than 50dollars. I also did not get excited when you wrote talking to a class about autism. You do not make me smile each time I read your blog :)
~Elyse~

Aspiring Mom2three said...

Loved it Lori! My kids laugh when I drive over the bridge to get cheaper gas. I'm excited for the opportunities that you've been given to speak about Autism and to help another child in tutoring. I worked at Sylvan Learning Center for 2 years tutoring. Looking forward to hearing more and how it went!

Unknown said...

I am NOT excited about the gas prices also. Awesome isn't it?

erin said...

i'd say everyone else is NOT excited about the gas prices! i absolutely love it!
i love the idea of popcorn for lunch. unfortunately my children aren't old enough to enjoy that yet!

Candy said...

Aren't these gas prices great? $1.95/gal here today!! Filling up for less than half of what it was a few weeks ago!