Tuesday, November 4, 2008

Little Project


We redid Addi Jo's bedroom... last spring for her bday...in a mix of vintage, floral, Paris type style. One of the things that I have decided to display in her room are pictures of her grandmothers. She adores both of her grandmothers, and she asked to have their pictures in her room. She loves the "old" (I mean that in the nicest possible way) pictures of her grandmothers wearing their prom dresses, so that's what she's getting. I am also going to put a picture of Addi, hanging by her grandmothers' pictures. To make this project, I did the following:
1. Blow up the picture, mine are black and white, to the size you need. Use a copier or printer!
2. Choose your background paper!
3. Cut your paper to fit your canvas and decopage it onto the canvas!
4. Cut your picture in whatever shape you desire, mine are oval!
5. Decopage the picture onto the background paper (which is already on the canvas)!
6. You can add embellishments, trim or anything else you would like to. I may add some flowers too.
7. All I have left is to find something cool to hang it with. I think I will probably use blue ribbon, but I may use pink or purple.
When they are complete and hanging in her room, I'll post a picture.
Oh and by the way, can you guess which grandmother is NPayne's mom and which one is my mom?

No comments: