Friday, November 7, 2008

My Child is A Genius....Is that boasting?

Yesterday when Drew was getting into the car after school, Ms. Norwood a 4th grade teacher (she was Addi's 4th grade teacher), was telling Drew that she had heard that Drew had written this great paper; and she wanted to read it to her 4th graders. I asked Drew about it, and she said she had written this paper at school; and her teacher asked her to read it to the class. Of course she gladly reciprocated the request. Apparently the gifted teacher, who Drew sees a few times per week for classes, also got wind of the paper; and she too thought it was pretty flippin' fantastic. She made a copy to read to her 4th grade gifted students. Then the assistant principal got in on the scoop of the, now infamous paper, and she too said it was superb; so Drew was feeling like all that and a bag of chips by the time I had heard about the paper. Me, being her mother and an English major in college and grad school, immediately said to her...."I'm going to need to read that as soon as possible."
So she brought the paper home today with the stipulation that it be returned on Monday (so more marveling could occur), and when I read it; I completely understood what all the hoopla was about. It's magnificent, if I say so myself, I scanned a copy of it (red pen marks and all); because I loved it so very much. It will definitely be displayed in my home somewhere.....I forsee another project coming on. I wanted to share it with whomever may read this post. I have a picture of the original scanned copy, and I'll also type it out; so it can actually be read. Remember although my girl is in gifted classes and is apparently a great author, she is only 7; and it seems as if she can't be bothered with spelling and grammar, much less, neat handwriting. Nonetheless get ready to be amazed, moved to tears and completely spellbound....or maybe just really impressed....or maybe simply impressed. Either way, it's my 7 year old girl's creation; and I AM ONE PROUD MAMA! I am going to post it below with the more legible typed words accompanying it.

1 comment:

The Blankenship Family said...

I am SO IMPRESSED!!!!!! Tell Miss Drew I just LOVED her writing! Lorie, you are not boasting. She is an exceptional little girl! (Aren't all of our children - each in their own way? It's just fun to discover each of their amazing talents and gifts.) Take care, Robin